SCORE is a national organization of retired middle managers whose mission is to educate and counsel small business owners. There are chapters all over the US, and they "counsel" thousands of small business owners and start ups for free.

It's as if you went to the Moose Lodge to get free business advice. Few of the counselors have ever owned a business, had to survive without a pay check or had to make a payroll. Many of the counselors are "out of the loop" in today's business world. They don't understand the nuances of the internet, social media, web marketing or anything that occurred in business after they retired.

Because they come from a different era, all the "isms" are alive and well in SCORE. Sexism, ageism, homophobia, and race-ism (although they keep this under lock and key). Look at how many women and people of color are in your local chapter, for instance.

Many retired guys join SCORE to reclaim their lost authority in the working world. Its managed in a top-down way, with the most pushy getting their way. Because of this there is a lot of juggling for power and back stabbing within the organization.

Had an Experience with SCORE?

Comments

Slipdoctors - Slip Doctors / Greg Cohen Sued for Fraud Slipdoctors "I was interested in Slip Doctors but too many things I found made me suspicious. Greg Cohen seemed very dodgy with his responses to my questions. I would ask to..." Read more Thumbtack - Great Concept, but too many Fraudulent Requests for Services are Robot Generated! Thumbtack "I had reservations about THUMBTACK for quite some time now but I gave it a chance. I like the concept but CERTAINLY do not believe the professionals should be..." Read more Thumbtack - Customers won't even view your quote 60% of the time Thumbtack "I signed up for Thumbtack exactly 18 days ago. I submitted 21 detailed quotes to 21 leads I received throughout those 18 days. Usually I received about 3-15 leads every..." Read more Tapia Locksmith Tapia Locksmith "I was scammed by a Val Tapia when I was forced to call a local napa locksmith after having my car keys stolen. He promised to delete all keys from..." Read more ThanksForTheHelp - You saved me - Outstanding Work. ThanksForTheHelp "Outstanding work folks.. 3 days and tons of work. You have done.. I cant mention what I got - cant go public - but whatever I got , my prof..." Read more Gifts To India - Fraud Website www.gifts-to-india.com Gifts To India "I had ordered Assorted pastries Birthday cake from www.gifts-to-india.com after looking at the picture on their website. It shows a variety of assorted pastries but I am shocked to see..." Read more Netlite NGN Patna is a Fraud ISP Netlite Ngn "Netline NGN is the most fraudulent ISP in Patna, Bihar (India). The owner of Netline, Anshuman is highly rude and illiterate person. He is a fraud and cheat who is..." Read more InternetReputation - Ripped off for $1000 InternetReputation "I gave this company $1,000 to host a domain for me for 22 years. They took the money and ran and never registered my domain nor hosted it ever again...." Read more