SCORE- Old Guys with Out-of-Touch Advice
SCORE is a national organization of retired middle managers whose mission is to educate and counsel small business owners. There are chapters all over the US, and they "counsel" thousands of small business owners and start ups for free.
It's as if you went to the Moose Lodge to get free business advice. Few of the counselors have ever owned a business, had to survive without a pay check or had to make a payroll. Many of the counselors are "out of the loop" in today's business world. They don't understand the nuances of the internet, social media, web marketing or anything that occurred in business after they retired.
Because they come from a different era, all the "isms" are alive and well in SCORE. Sexism, ageism, homophobia, and race-ism (although they keep this under lock and key). Look at how many women and people of color are in your local chapter, for instance.
Many retired guys join SCORE to reclaim their lost authority in the working world. Its managed in a top-down way, with the most pushy getting their way. Because of this there is a lot of juggling for power and back stabbing within the organization.
More Review Details
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "i went to the studio did the photoshoot the whole works for free AS THEY SAID. then i had to wait hours to see my photos. finally went into the..."
- "I have used this "expert" because on the profile says that this particular person specializes in remote viewing and ok it goes as follows: At first the "expert" seemed accurate..."
- "I have been dealing with this stalker for over 2 years now! And, of course instead of competing with honor these so called, "customer" reviews are garbage! These are fabricated..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "I purchased 5 mats from CocoMatsNMore.com for $214.59. They arrived frayed, unraveling, dry, and loosely woven. I complained to the company (Scott at 866-561-1921) within 7 days of their arrival...."
- "I went to a CVS yesterday 06Aug15 to buy some makeup because I forgot my makeup at work and I was traveling. I purchased the attached items and only used..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "Omg old lettuce thankfully very little of it and no tortillas with my fajitas? Triangle town center in Raleigh is having some issues with online ordering and the app orders...."